If your question is not answered in this document, please contact us!
There are no special steps to join our group. Just stay tuned on our web site, or FaceBook group, for the next event. Show up if you are able to attend; if not, no need to let us know! There is no need to RSVP or register. There are no fees to join on the free group hikes.
All adults in their 20s, 30s, and 40s are welcome to join! Hikers must bring appropriate clothing, boots/shoes, and water. A small first aid kit and trail snacks are highly recommended.
We leave promptly at departure time and cannot wait for late arrivals. Please always arrange to be 10 minutes early to allow for traffic and delays.
By using our web site, or participating in any event organized by HikingAddiction, you agree to all of our Terms and Conditions
We have created a social atmosphere for individuals to network amongst others at a similar stage of life. Our group is primarily adults in their 20s, 30s, and a handful in their 40s. Regardless, everyone is welcome to register on our web site and use the resources we have available. Other hiking groups/clubs for all ages in the area:
Central Okanagan Naturalists Club
Central Okanagan Outdoors Club
Okanagan Recreation League
Vernon Outdoors Club
South Okanagan Trail Alliance
Friends of the South Slopes
To provide the most enjoyable experience for all trail users and attendees, we ask you please observe the following guidelines.
- Garbage: Pack out what you pack in. Absolutely no garbage on the trails!
- Energy: Come well rested and be aware of the level of exertion required for the upcoming hike. We need to maintain a certain speed on the trail to ensure everyone gets back on time.
- Detours: Stay on the trail to help prevent erosion and damage to the area.
- Dogs: Leave dogs on-leash at all times.
- Personal Limits: If you feel a trail may be beyond your fitness level, please do not attend. Work your way up to it for next year. We must maintain a constant pace to ensure we are back on time.
- Stick Together: Stay with the group. Never travel too far behind or ahead of the group. This can be dangerous and easily lead to disorientation with the vast number of forks in our trails.
- Separating: If you do plan to separate or turn around, ensure you notify the hike leader by relaying the message to the front of the group.
Our official season is from April 1st through October 31st every year. We primarily host official weekend hikes at various times.
We are ALWAYS looking for more volunteers to host hikes or other related events. If you are interested, you must demonstrate a clear awareness of the trail and the contents of this entire FAQ. When you feel you are ready, feel free to login and schedule a hike at any time! If you are no longer able to host a hike, please ensure you cancel the event with a good amount of notice. If you no-show when hosting an event, you will no longer be able to schedule events. No exceptions.