Peachland Tourism Promotion Committee Trails Awareness Day
Reasons for failure
- You must login to change your ride sharing status.
Sun, Oct 13, 2019 9:00 AM to Sun, Oct 13, 2019 1:00 PM
This event is suitable for all ages.
Peachland Trail Awareness Day, 9:00 AM, Oct. 13, 2019 at Heritage Park
Peachland’s hiking trails offer some of the region’s most spectacular views of Okanagan Lake ranging from Kelowna to Naramata. Many trails follow in the footsteps of first nations peoples, early settlers, fur traders and prospectors.
Come explore our local trails with experienced volunteer guides starting at Peachland’s Heritage Park (in front of the new Peachland Pier), 9:00AM, Sunday, October 13th. After checking in, hikers will break off into groups, leaving at 9:30 sharp. After the hikes (which should take approximately two hours to complete) all participants are invited back to Heritage Park for prize draws, a fun BBQ hosted by the Peachland Lions Club (by donation) or to take advantage of hiker discounts offered by local restaurants.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged. Registration is free, but numbers are limited. To register, email TBD, before TBD, 2019, stating your name and trail preference. Confirmed registrants who check in at Heritage Park between 9:00-9:30 will be eligible for prize draws and local discounts. Hikers leave for the trailhead at 9:30 sharp.
Dogs (on leash) are welcome on the Fur Brigade and Bedford Lookout trails only.
Rain or shine. Participants must dress for the weather, including sturdy footwear, and carry water. All participants hike at their own risk and will be expected to sign a waiver before starting out.
1. Gladstone Trail (Moderate/Difficult) 7km loop, 300m elevation, 2 hours. Peachland’s newest trail named after the old Gladstone mine. Good views along the way. Please, no dogs.
2. Fur Brigade Trail (Easy/Moderate) 8km round trip, 300m elevation, 2 hours. Old road that leads through parts of the 2018 Eneas Mtn fire. Spectacular views of Okanagan Lake from the summit. Dogs on leash OK.
3. Bedford Trail (Easy/Moderate) 5km return trip, XXXm elevation, 1 ½ hours. Old road high above the town leading to a viewpoint with spectacular views of Peachland and Okanagan Lake. Some loose, steep sections. Dogs on leash OK
4. Pincushion Mountain (Moderate/Difficult) 4km round trip, 335 elevation, 1 ½ hours. Steep trail with loose, slippery sections, particularly going down. Beautiful views of the town of Peachland and Okanagan Lake. Please, no dogs.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!