Monashees: Spectrum Lake
BC-Okanagan (North) / Cherryville
55 min driving from Frank's General Store in Cherryville, BC
The Spectrum Lake trail meanders through the foothills of Mt. Fosthall, and offers a vast diversity of coast-like flora. Rich green moss coats the entire valley floor, you will cross numerous creeks, and finally wind up at a fantastic well-furnished campsite right on the lake with views of the entire mountain range.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Frank's General Store in Cherryville, BC, approximate travel time by car is 55 minute(s).
If you're a speed demon, you can easily make the trip from Frank's General Store to the trailhead in 45 minutes. The road is suitable for cars without 4x4 and is in great shape.
1) Drive to Vernon, BC from downtown Kelowna.
2) Take RIGHT on Highway 6 and then bear right to stay on Highway 6.
3) Around the 50 km marker since the turn in Vernon, turn LEFT at Frank's General Store in Cherryville onto "Sugar Lake Rd"
4) RESET ODOMETER
5) At 13.6 km, the road becomes gravel.
6) At 16.6 km, cross the bridge over Sugar Lake. The road now becomes "Shuswap FSR"
7) At 38.2 km TURN RIGHT with signs for Monashee Provincial Park via "Spectrum Creek FSR"
8) At 39.4 km, keep right to stay on main rd (following signs)
9) At 42.3 km, keep right. Alternatively, a short 1 km drive + 10 min hike to Rainbow Falls is on your left.
10) At 43.5 km, keep left to stay on main rd (following signs)
11) At 44 km, keep left to stay on main rd (following signs)
12) At 45.6 km, keep left to stay on main rd (following signs)
13) At 51.7 km, arrive at the parking lot with map and signage for Monashees Provincial Park.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!