BC-Okanagan (South) / Apex
40 min driving from Penticton,BC
The trail up Brent Mountain begins as a nice meandering forest-way with cute stream crossings. his is a hike that is ideal for hotter months, as it remains moderately cool all throughout the summer! The lush and cozy sub alpine trail will offer a variety of unique foliage (Yarrow, Buttercups, Indian Paintbrush, mushrooms) in early summer after the snow clears. Prepare for a hefty set of mosquitos and mud, but a distraction that is easily ignored as you approach the summit with its broad meadows littered with smooth stones. T
While the trail has numerous forks, the route to the top is clearly indicated by metal trail markers. The trail begins with a mild slope, and then mostly levels out for the next 2 km, and then the final ascent begins.
At the summit, reach an abandoned fire watch tower with surrounding panoramas of Apex Mountain, Summerland, and even hints of Kelowna on clearer days.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Penticton,BC, approximate travel time by car is 40 minute(s).
Important: Allow about 1.75 - 2 hours driving time from Kelowna.
1. From Penticton, cross the channel at Fairview/Green Mountain Rd, and continue west.
2. Turn RIGHT after 20 km onto Apex Mtn Road. RESET ODOMETER.
3. Turn RIGHT after 4.1 km, and continue along the decommissioned forest service road (labelled as Shatford Rd). There are many trenches dug out of the road, so take care. While its possible to take a car, it's not recommended and a vehicle with 4x4ing and adequate clearance are highly encouraged. RESET ODOMETER AGAIN.
4. At 2.8 km, keep LEFT at fork with signs for Apex Mtn. As of 2016, apparently the bridge is out if you had gone right.
5. At 3.6 km, keep RIGHT.
6. At 4.9 km, keep RIGHT.
7. At 5.7 km, turn LEFT.
8. At 6 km, ignore fork to the left that goes off the side of the road.
9. At 6.1 km, optionally take Sheep Rock Trailhead.
10. At 7.4 km, keep LEFT.
11. At 7.9 km, keep LEFT with signs for Brent Mtn trailhead.
12. At 8.2 km, park and take trailhead up to the left.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!