BC-Kamloops/Thompson / Tranquille
31 min driving from Downtown Kamloops
The view at the summit of Dewdrop is one of the most phenomenal in the Lac Du Bois Grasslands Protected Area. This is the alternative, and much easier, route to the top. The trail is a double-wide 4x4ing track with very few lookouts until the final view a the summit. While it's an easier route, the most scenic and nicer option is the Dewdrop West single-track trail. This trail connects, and it is possible to do a complete loop, with a 3.8 km of road-walking at the end.
Begin your journey at the East Trailhead, and stay on the main 4x4ing road (keeping left), until approximately 6.2 km. Make a sharp left onto the single-track for a quick 500 meter walk to the stunning summit viewpoint!
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
Warning: include(includes/trailgooglemap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hikingaddiction/public_html/trails/viewtrail.php on line 533
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'includes/trailgooglemap.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/hikingaddiction/public_html/trails/viewtrail.php on line 533
From Downtown Kamloops, approximate travel time by car is 31 minute(s).
Red Plateau Forest Service Road, Savona, BC V0K 2J0
1) From downtown Kamloops, cross the bridge into North Shore.
2) Turn RIGHT onto 8th Ave.
3) Turn LEFT onto Ord Rd.
4) Turn RIGHT onto Tranquille Rd.
5) Turn RIGHT after 5.4 km, and continue up the hill across the railway tracks instead of heading towards Tranquille Farms/Padova.
6) Keep RIGHT after 4.3 km to continue up the hill to the right (do not turn onto Frederick Rd).
7) After another 2.9 km, turn left onto Red Plateau FSR.
8) Park at the trailhead on your left 150 meters down Red Plateau.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!