Embleton Mtn: Main Loop
BC-Okanagan (North) / Heffley
35 min driving from Downtown Kamloops
This moderately sized trail network offers phenomenal mountain-top vistas of Heffley lake. The trail is often double-wide and marked with signage at nearly every fork. At the top, which features a picnic table and gazebo, follow the short trail to the left for a bench overlooking the valley and Heffley Lake. This viewpoint is not to be missed and is the highlight of the entire trip! Suggest that hikers not trek this trail until mid-May due to the elevation and snow-pact. Trail is not marked with ribbon in many areas, so it may be difficult to follow in the winter.
There are two main trailheads off of Heffley Louis Creek Rd, and we recommend beginning at the second one on the left (18 km from the intersection of Todd Mountain Rd/Old Highway 5), as there is the option of continuing to drive across the cattle-guard a few hundred meters up the mountain to a second parking lot.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
Warning: include(includes/trailgooglemap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hikingaddiction/public_html/trails/viewtrail.php on line 533
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'includes/trailgooglemap.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/hikingaddiction/public_html/trails/viewtrail.php on line 533
From Downtown Kamloops, approximate travel time by car is 35 minute(s).
1818-1834 Heffley Louis Creek Rd, Heffley Creek, BC V0E 1Z1
1) Begin at the "red bridge" on Lorne St, and north head cross the South Thompson River.
2) Turn LEFT onto Highway 5 towards Clearwater & Sun Peaks.
3) After about 20.5 km, turn RIGHT onto Old Highway 5.
4) Immediately turn LEFT onto Todd Mountain Rd at the Heffley General Store/Gas Station.
5) Todd Mountain Rd becomes Heffley Louis Creek Rd, follow this for 18.4 km until reaching the trailhead parking lot on the left hand side of the road. There is signage and map. This is at the eastern tip of Heffley lake just past Golden Horn Rd.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!