Trout Creek Trail
BC-Okanagan (South) / Summerland
50 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
** This trail is on private property owned by the Penticton Indian Band. They do permit hikers, but a written form must be filled out at their office in advance! **
This stunning trail begins at the Trout Creek trestle in Summerland, follows a densely forested double-wide trail along the fence-line of an orchard that connects to a series of cycling trails. It is easy to become disoriented due to the sheer number of forks, and poor trail flagging. We highly recommend taking our GPS log. Generally, keep "right-ish" until reaching there mountain.
After emerging from the forest around the 4.5 km mark, begin the short 1 km ascent! While trudging uphill, enjoy panoramic views of the Summerland Valley, Okanagan Lake, Giant's Head, and a number of wineries. At the summit, a huge jagged rock outcropping which can prove for as an adrenaline rush for those so inclined.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Downtown Kelowna, approximate travel time by car is 50 minute(s).
6233 Canyon View Rd, Summerland, BC V0H 1Z7
1) From Kelowna, head south towards Penticton, crossing the bridge.
2) After passing downtown Summerland, take a RIGHT from the highway onto Arkell Rd towards Giant's Head winery.
3) Turn RIGHT onto Gartell Rd (enrolee to Giant's Head Winery)
4) Turn LEFT on Happy Valley Rd as it turns into Hillborn St
5) Turn LEFT onto Canyon View Rd and pass Sleeping Giant Fruit Winery.
6) Park at the trestle and walk across, and hike up the hill to the right.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!