Mt. Rose Swanson - Perimeter Loop
BC-Okanagan (North) / Armstrong
31 min driving from Vernon
This particular route around Mt. Rose-Swanson hits all of the viewpoint lookouts for the longest loop possible in the park. From the parking lot, to the "Overview" look out, Tower, Benchmark, Turner's Terrace, and Miller's Bluff.
Both Miller's Bluff and Tower have fantastic lookout spots over the valley, while Benchmark is the highest point of the park at 966 meters and is more of a simple forest clearing. The proclaimed amazing view at "Overview" is better skipped for the better photo op at Tower.
While the trail network doesn't actually cross over to Mt. Swanson, views of it are possible at Turner's Terrace. The trail network is single-wide and due to the large amounts of shade is still quite snowy and icy throughout March.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Mon, Mar 25, 2019Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Vernon, approximate travel time by car is 31 minute(s).
4520 Chamberlaine Rd, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B4
1. Head North on Highway 97 towards Vernon and continue through.
2. When approaching Armstrong, turn LEFT onto Rosedale Avenue.
3. Turn Right onto Okanagan Street, and then after the left hand curve, turn RIGHT to stay on Okanagan Street.
4. Turn LEFT onto Wood Avenue which will turn into Salmon River Road.
5. After the right hand curve, TURN LEFT to stay on Salmon River Road.
6. TURN LEFT onto Hallam Road.
7. Turn RIGHT to stay on Hallam and then take the second LEFT to stay on Hallam Road.
8. Turn LEFT onto Chamberlain Rd and follow it to the marked trailhead after approximately 2 km.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!