Blue Grouse: Full Loop
BC-Okanagan (Central) / West Kelowna
20 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
A scenic trail, Blue Grouse Mountain offers stunning views of the city along with exposure to local vegetation including Wild Rose Bush, Yarrow, Tall Buttercup, cactus and Raspberries.
The trail begins at the intersection of Blue Grouse Road and Bear Lake Main. After a few hundred metres an important intersection lays ahead, bear left up the steep hill towards an orange flag - it is a moderate climb to the top of the mountain. Keep left without deviating off the main road to avoid losing your way.
The well-maintained public service road provides excellent views of Downtown Kelowna, and sights as far as Vernon and Penticton. Bring a sufficient amount of water, it will be needed especially in the summer when combining the steep hike with hot weather.
1. After parking at the dirt patch at the intersection of Blue Grouse Rd and Bear Lake Main, head right up the dirt 4x4ing path.
2. After a few hundred meters, you will come to the most important intersection on this trail. To your left, behind you, there is a well-used firepit. Directly ahead, there is a steep path heading upwards and one leading to the right. Bear left up the steeper hill.
3. There is a orange flag shortly thereafter which clearly marks the trailhead, follow this main road all the way to the top of the trail. Keep LEFT, I believe, at all major intersections and do not deviate off the main road (even for other orange flags you may see).
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Downtown Kelowna, approximate travel time by car is 20 minute(s).
370 Blue Grouse Rd, Kelowna, BC V1Z 3T4
Allow 20 minutes driving time from downtown Kelowna.
1. Follow Highway 97 from downtown Kelowna across the bridge and turn right onto Westside Road (take the detour slightly past that on Nancee Rd and double back a few hundred meters if Westside Rd is closed for construction).
2. Follow Westside Rd for 8.4km, going past Bear Creek Park on your left.
3. Watch for Bear Lake Main Road a couple kilometers after Bear Creek Park and turn left.
4. After exactly 2km, arrive at the UNMARKED Blue Grouse Rd parking area.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!