This trail information has been reality-checked for accuracy by the HikingAddiction staff! Regardless, no system is perfect, and trails change over time. Please use the following information as a point of reference only, not as a guide. Please report any errors and corrections to us immediately. By using our web site, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
The Okanagan High Rim Trail connects Vernon to Kelowna through 55km of wilderness. This particular segment covers a small 2.6km stretch in Kelowna at the very end of the Kelowna to Vernon trail.
The High Rim Trail is home to several types of wildflower such as the rare Indian Paintbrush. Widlife is in abundance and includes deer, mink, bobcat, black bear, cougar, coyote and red fox as well as numerous types of reptile such as rattlesnakes and boas. Several bird spotting opportunities await.
In 2009 the trail was revitalised and now offers not only a scenic adventure but an education one, lookout for signs and tree labels.
1. Walk across the highway from where you parked on Philpott Rd.
2. Walk a couple hundred meters, following the signs, up Highway 33 back towards town.
3. Go up and over the barbed-wire fence with using the man-made ladder.
4. Follow the well-marked trail until the first major fork. Turn RIGHT down towards the river. Remember this intersection.
5. The trail will take you to a small clearing right on the river with a sign marking the beginning of High Rim Trail, noting it's creation by "Trail Builders"
6. Follow the same trail back up to the road, but instead of turning left at that major intersection, follow the ATV-like trail right back up to the highway.
7. Walk left once you reach the highway to come back to Philpott Rd.
31 min from Downtown Kelowna
2.65 km (round-trip)
20 minutes solo | 26 minutes group round-trip
95 meters elevation (round-trip)
Very Easy difficulty: A short and relatively easy walk on a wide trail.
Disclaimer: Participate and hike at your own risk! HikingAddiction and its owners/organizers assume ABSOLUTELY NO responsibility, including but not limited to injury or loss of any kind/form due to the use of information, or participating in activities found on this group/site. Users understand and acknowledge that it is their own responsibility to verify land ownership and obtain permission prior to hiking to avoid trespassing on private property. By becoming the member/participant of HikingAddiction or by using the information on our web site, you agree to the terms and conditions of the group listed on our web site.