BC-Okanagan (Central) / West Kelowna
60 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
After driving past Bear Creek, the adventure to this trailhead takes you on a well maintained forest service road for approximately half an hour. The hike is short, but the Christie Falls trail results in a beautiful waterfall, and a small cave to explore!
The hike is a slightly difficult following a path through a forest that suffered during the 2009 Terrace Mountain fire. It is flagged for direction and also includes a steep decline. A cave is accessible by the waterfall, and is ideal for climbing. The area is frequented by climbers and is used during the summer and winter for the sport.
This trail should not be done until at least June 1st due to its high level of elevation and shade. More than likely access will be blocked by ground snow cover.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Downtown Kelowna, approximate travel time by car is 60 minute(s).
Suitable dirt road for ALL cars:
1. From downtown Kelowna, head into West Kelowna across the bridge.
2. Take the Westside Road exit.
3. Head north on Westside road past Bear Creek park.
4. Turn left on the Bear Lake Main (1.5 km north of Bear Creek park) with signs for MX Track/Burnco Rock Products
5. RESET ODOMETER!
6. Continue straight, passing BurnCo on your right, and a Cattle Guard.
7. At 11.8 km (just before the 13 km marker), turn RIGHT on Esperon FSR (labelled with sign in Aug 2014).
8. RESET ODOMETER
9. At 10.2 km pass Big Horn Dam on the left.
10. At 10.7 km (23 km marker) turn RIGHT onto Christie (labelled with sign in Aug 2014) just past Big Horn Dam.
11. RESET ODOMETER
12. At 3.5 km (5 min or so), turn LEFT on a dirt road (signs for Christie Falls)
13. Drive 2.2 km to end and arrive at parking lot with trailhead.
ALTERNATIVE: For 4x4ing drivers, alternatively drive all the way up to the unlabelled (ask us for a GPS log) Terrace Mountain Road turn-off for a more adventurous route. This road has been deactivated and has numerous gutted out deactivations in the road. The turn-off is approximately 30-35 min up from downtown Kelowna, plus 40-60 minutes on the dirt road.
1. Reset odometer at turn-off from Westside Rd. Warning: Distances are APPROXIMATE.
2. At 1.3 km, keep right.
3. At 1.73 km, keep left on main road.
4. At 4.08 km, keep left.
5. At 6.55 km, keep right.
6. At 13.59 km, keep right.
7. At 16.78 km, keep right.
8. At 19.02 km, keep right (left is Terrace Mtn)
9. At 22.97 km, turn right w/signs for Christie Falls.
10. Drive to end of road.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!