Little White Mountain (Highland Trail)
BC-Okanagan (Central) / South Myra
85 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
This gorgeous alpine hike extends into the forest south of Myra and west of Idabel Lake. It offers a short but challenging ascent, followed by a beautiful plateau with meadows, ponds, and ridge-line views of the valleys. ABSOLUTELY do not attempt this hike prior to mid-June as the snow will likely still be covering substantial portions of the trail!
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Downtown Kelowna, approximate travel time by car is 85 minute(s).
If you're uncomfortable with dirt roads, add 30 minutes to your driven time.
1. Leave Kelowna and follow Highway 33 south
2. RESET ODOMETER at the Big White Turn-off and keep going straight along Highway 33.
3. After 4.3 km, make a sharp right turn onto Okanagan Falls Forest Service Road 201 with signs for Thunder Mountain Raceways.
4. RESET ODOMETER.
5. At 1.7 km, continue straight through the stop sign with signs for Idabel Lake.
6. At 5.3 km, continue straight with Idabel Lake on your right.
7. At 8.1 km, continue straight to cross a cattleguard.
8. At 20.9 km, continue straight to cross a small bridge.
9. At 22.7 km, turn RIGHT onto Greyback Road (125° turn).
10. At 25.3 km, turn RIGHT onto Canyon Lakes FSR with signage for the snowmobile club.
11. At 25.7 km, continue straight to cross a small bridge.
11. At 26.7 km, keep right on main road.
12. At 28.3 km the road quality becomes VERY poor with several dips and large boulders. Not recommended for cars, but possible. Easily done in any 4x4.
13. At 32 km, park at the parking lot/clearing on your left. The trail begins at the back of the clearing with signage.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!