BC-Okanagan (North) / Coldstream/Lumby
30 min driving from Downtown Vernon
Bluenose is a stunning heavily forested hike with a few great clearings of the valley between Coldstream and Lumby. The hike itself is well marked and easy to follow. Prepare for a very steady uphill ascent, with a brief detour for a Viewpoint in the first 20-30 minutes off to the left. Return back to the trail and continue eastward to reach the apex of Bluenose Mountain.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Downtown Vernon, approximate travel time by car is 30 minute(s).
1. From Vernon, follow Highway 6 towards Lumby.
2. Turn RIGHT on Learmouth Road just before the village of Lavington with signs for Coldstream Willows Nursery. This road snakes through the countryside.
3. Turn LEFT onto Reid Rd after about 5.5 km.
4. Turn RIGHT onto Whitevale Rd (unlabelled) after about 300 meters. Continue past Aspengrove Equestrian Academy as the road becomes "Bluenose Rd" and then "Aberdeen Lake Rd"
5. Watch for a tiny brown sign on your left indicating "Bluenose Trail" just after the yellow 4 km marker on the road (3.8 km since the road turned into gravel).
6. Park in the clearing.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!