BC-Okanagan (South) / Summerland
47 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
Take either the easy paved road for 2.75 km or steeper dirt path for 1.5 km to reach the summit for a beautiful panoramic view of Summerland (just 15 minutes outside of Penticton). It is possible to cut out most of the hike by parking at the upper parking lot (warning: gates close at dusk!), and simply hike the final 0.5 km to the summit.
After parking at the mailboxes, continue up the dirt path. Walk through the "driveway-looking" gate to your left to enter the park. In a couple hundred meters, turn onto the dirt path to your right to follow the steeper ad shorter trail to the top. Alternatively, stay on the road to the top.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
From Downtown Kelowna, approximate travel time by car is 47 minute(s).
8189-8293 Milne Rd, Summerland, BC V0H 1Z7
1) From downtown Kelowna, head across the bridge into West Kelowna and keep following the highway south-west until reaching Summerland on your left (approx. 45 min).
2) Take a RIGHT on Rosedale Ave, and continue straight through the first round-a-bout.
3) At the second round-a-bout take the 3rd exit (LEFT) onto Prairie Valley Rd.
4) Turn RIGHT onto Giants Head Rd.
5) Turn RIGHT onto Milne Rd.
6) In 500 meters, park by the mailboxes on the left at approximately 8294 Milne Rd, Summerland, BC V0H 1Z7.
7) Continue another few meters up the road and take your first left to continue up through the gates.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!