High Rim Trail: Oyama Entrance to Repeater Tower
BC-Okanagan (Central) / Oyama
55 min driving from Downtown Kelowna
This short segment of High Rim Trail begins just past the 9 km marker en-route to Oyama Lake Resort. Heading left (north) up the trailhead, watch carefully for pink and black striped ribbon. The trail intersects logging roads a few times, and it is easy to get off track if you are not paying attention. On this trail you'll pass over a quaint handmade wood bridge (Cum Along Bridge), and proceed up to the Damer Lake Lookout (which is worth skipping). From here, continue onto stunning views of Vernon, Kal Lake, and Goose Lake at the Repeater Tower near km 46.
Kids & Pets
We have a downloadable GPS map for this trail!
Last Updated on Wed, Feb 21, 2018Need help using it? See our FAQ. Don't have an account? Create One.
Warning: include(includes/trailgooglemap.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hikingaddiction/public_html/trails/viewtrail.php on line 533
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'includes/trailgooglemap.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/hikingaddiction/public_html/trails/viewtrail.php on line 533
From Downtown Kelowna, approximate travel time by car is 55 minute(s).
WARNING: The road to this trailhead traverses through an active logging area and follows a dirt road for almost 10 km. However, the public is permitted to use this road as well. This forest service road is EASILY done by all vehicles (including small cars). Please use caution on these roads and yield to all logging traffic.
1. From downtown Kelowna, head north towards Vernon.
2. Turn RIGHT onto Pelmeash Parkway just after Oceola with signs for Oyama.
3. Turn RIGHT onto Oyama Rd (at the top of Wood Lake); follow for 1.8 km.
4. Turn RIGHT to stay on Oyama Lake Rd.
5. Turn LEFT onto Middle Bench Road
6. Turn LEFT onto Todd Rd.
7. Keep RIGHT on Oyama Lake Rd with signs for Oyama Zip Line.
8. RESET ODOMETER.
9. At 5.5 km continue straight to pass over cattle guard.
10. At 7.6 km continue straight to pass viewpoint on left.
11. At 8 km continue straight through the clear-cut zone.
12. At 9.1 km continue straight to pass over cattle guard.
13. At 9.5 km bear/fork right w/Signs to Oyama Lake.
14. At 9.8 km park at fence on right. Cross road to the left and begin trail at flags.
There are no comments.
Leave a comment
You must Login to post a comment!